B.B.A. or Bachelor of Business Administration is an undergraduate Business Management course. The duration of Bachelor of Business Administration is 3-4 years, divided into a number of semesters.
The course can be pursued either as a Full-Time Graduate Course or Part Time Graduate Course i.e. through Correspondence or Distance Education depending upon one’s choice. B.B.A. is often referred as B.B.A. (General) or B.B.A. Pass Course. It is General in the sense that it is not Subject Specific and one can choose a number of combinations of subjects, apart from 1-2 Compulsory Subjects. These combinations vary from institute to institute.
Bachelor’s degree programs in Business Administration are also known by various names in different institutes; B.B.S. (Bachelor of Business Studies), B.M.S. (Bachelor of Management Studies) etc. are courses which are more or less the same thing. B.B.A. Course is designed to provide basic understanding about Management education and to train the students in communication skills effectively which inculcate entrepreneurship skills. The students are prepared to explore opportunities being newly created in management profession. Business Administration study methodology involves training through practical experience in the form of case studies, projects, presentations, industrial visits, and interaction with experts from the industry.
Bachelor of Business Administration Eligibility
- Any candidate who has passed HSC (10+2) exam from any stream with English as passing subject and secured minimum 45% marks at 12th class.
- Admission is based on the entrance test. Normally, there is an objective-type entrance test for admission to B.B.A./B.B.S./B.M.S. courses which evaluates English language, quantitative aptitude and reasoning skills.
Students required no entrance test if they have:
- UGAT (Under Graduate Aptitude Test) score of more than 500
- Cleared 10+12+1 level of education (1 year of University education)
- British ‘A’ level qualification with minimum grade B
- Scored more than 70% marks in Class XII
- Foreign students, who want to pursue an undergraduate course in management, would have to pass the GCE “A” level or any other examination equivalent to +2 system of education (12 years of schooling).
Bachelor of Business Administration Subjects
- Principles of Management
- Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Business Economics
- Introduction to Operations Research
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Production and Material Management
- Personnel Management and Industrial Relations
- Marketing Management
- Business Data Processing
- Business Laws
Bachelor of Business Administration Specialisations
- Legal Studies
- Management information systems
- Supply chain management
Bachelor of Business Administration Syllabus
Syllabus of BBA offered by various universities and colleges in India.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Human Resource Management I|
|2||Principles Of Management I|
|4||Quantitative Methods I|
|1||Effective Communication I|
|2||Managerial Economics I|
|3||Business Law I|
|4||Principles of Management II|
|5||Management Accounting I|
|1||Business Law II|
|2||Management Accounting II|
|4||Family Business Management|
|1||Quantitative Methods In Business II|
|2||Managerial Economics II|
|3||Financial Management I|
|4||Effective Communication II|
|5||Human Resource Management II|
|5||Research Methodology in Management|
|4||Public Relations Management|
|1||Management of Services|
|4||Supply Chain/Logistics Management|
|5||Management of Co-Operatives & NGO|
|1||Business Decision Making|
|2||Business Strategy for Entrepreneurship|
|4||Financial Management II|
|5||Management of Small Scale Industries|
|1||Global Business Management|
|3||Management Control and Evaluation of Indian Management Practices|
|4||Productive Quality Management|
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Devi Ahilyabai Vishwa Vidyalaya, Indore
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies Under Graduate – SCMS UG, Pune
- Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies – DIAS, Delhi
B.B.A. Course Suitability
- Students should have a grasp of business management principles, technical know-how, and interpersonal skills.
- They should have skills like communication, organizational leadership, resource management, strategic planning, business-oriented computer applications, financial management and business ethics.
- They should also possess critical thinking and decision making skills.
How is B.B.A. Course Beneficial?
- B.B.A. develops a student’s managerial skills by giving him/her broader perspective through knowledge of all functions, enhancing his decision-making capability and sharpening his communication skills.
- B.B.A. graduates have an edge over other graduates and get direct entry into the corporate world.
B.B.A. Employment Areas
- Business Houses
- Financial Organizations
- Educational Institutes
- Marketing Organizations
- Business Consultancies
- Export Companies
- Industrial Houses
- Multinational Companies
B.B.A. Job Types
- Information Systems Manager
- Business Administration Professor
- Production Manager
- Finance Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Business Administration Researcher
- Management Accountant
- Business Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Research and Development Manager
Advance Course in B.B.A.